Sunday, February 17, 2013

shoes, shirts, and still problems

Like all parents with small children, evenings that are child-free are times you can get real crazy. By crazy I mean go out for the ole dinner and a movie. Jason and I were excited to eat our way across Lexington this weekend and soon realized why it is better to eat at home. We waited no less than an hour both evenings that we went out for dinner and then waited at least 30 minutes to receive our food after we ordered. For anyone who knows me, especially you Katy Head, you know I become a Yosemite Sam nightmare when I have to wait and/or receive bad service. My temper was tested when we decided to go to TGIFs for the worst dining experience of my life. From the waiting area, TGIF could be monikers for "that guy is fat," "those guys in frats," or my favorite "that gremlin is freaky." The last one refers to a child/man (not sure)that looked equal parts Webster and flying monkey from the Wizard of Oz. Despite him crawling around/slash eating bread sticks at an alarming rate, he looked like he had better time than we did. Besides the creepy people waiting we also had to deal with sloppy 1 and sloppy 2, our hostesses. While waiting, Jason and I soon realized that sloppy 1 and 2 were purposefully not handing out buzzers so they could pick and choose who they seated. So cute guy that came in 20 minutes after Jason and I got seated. I may or may not have gotten aggressive with sloppy hostess #1 and got a seat. Things went bad to worse when our waitress came to our table with a side pony tail and the table behind us that got seated involved 10 guys wearing Ed Hardy. When I saw what was around me I put my head on the table and in the process ripped my earring out of my ear. So both Jason and I (and Gremlin child) crawled on the floor to find the remnants of my ear (well earrings). The only good thing that occurred at this horrific meal is that Jason and I bonded over the terrible experience, I got to yell at a stranger, and one of the guys behind us fell out of his chair in a drunken stupor. Next Lent I am giving up eating out in restaurants, having uncontrollable stranger rage, and my usual peeves ( helicopters, meat slicers, revolving doors, mini corn at Chinese restaurants, rodents, and moving library shelves).

No comments:

Post a Comment