Wednesday, March 6, 2013

it's a bird, it's a plane, it's a chickpea farmer?

Last night I took a potential ph.d student to dinner and low and behold my weirdo magnet attracted the freakiest of the freaky. As my dinner colleague and I shared sandwiches and a little hummus we noticed a crunchy hippie guy staring at us from across the room. I attributed this as a possible vegetarian connection with the fellow vegetarian dining with me. Maybe they could smell each other's asparagus lunch? Who knows? Nope, that would make too much sense. The man came over as we were getting our coats on and told us, "I am a chickpea cultivator and I will lose sleep tonight knowing you left some of the hummus on your plate. Could I eat the rest of your appetizer?" This guy was not homeless or look like what I picture a chick pea farmer to look like *note picture* Rather this guy was kind of normal, had already paid and eaten his own dinner, and looked like a skinny Seth Rogen. So what the hell would possess someone to eat off of a strangers plate? I will take a bite out of the side of a cow if it means that I never resort to garbanzo stalking. The things he probably does to those beans.....wonder what his secret hummus recipe is??????? YUCK!

No comments:

Post a Comment